Your Body Is Amazing
The human body has always been a sense of amazement and wonder. Not only is itcapable of great athletic achievements but it has some pretty spectacular (and sometimes gross) stats that I find incredibly interesting. Here are a few of my favorite:
- In your lifetime you will shed about 40 pounds of skin.
- Scientists say that the higher your IQ the more you dream at night.
- On average a person loses 100 strands of hair a day.
- The acid in your stomach is strong enough to dissolve razorblades (although clearly not recommended)
- A sneeze regularly exceeds over 100MPH (a good reason to cover your mouth)
- In a lifetime a human produces enough saliva to fill two swimming pools.
- The average person passes gas 14 times a day.
- One study showed that the three things a pregnant woman dreams of the most during the first trimester are frogs, worms, and potted plants.
- Pound for pound, human babies are stronger than an ox.
- During sleep the average male experiences an erection once an hour.
- If saliva cannot dissolve something you cannot taste it. (You can test this by drying off your tongue before tasting something)
- Everyone has a unique smell (except for identical twins)
- The ashes of a cremated person average about 9 pounds.
- Contrary to popular belief, nails and hair do not continue to grow after death. It only appears that way as the skin dehydrates and pulls back from the nail beds and scalp.
- The risk of a heart attack is greatest on Mondays.
- The strongest muscle in the human body is the tongue.
- The tooth is the only part of the human body that can’t repair itself.
- Every tongue print is unique.