Happy Mothers Day and Women's Health Week
Sunday May 14th is Mother's Day in the United States.
It also signals the start of National Women's Health Week.
National Women's Health Week is an observance led by the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services Office on Women's Health. The goal is to empower women to make their health a priority. The week also serves as a time to encourage women to take steps to improve their health. The 18th annual National Women's Health Week kicks off on Mother's Day, May 14, and is celebrated through May 20, 2017.
At Thompson GYN, LLC we recommend some basic steps to improving your health.
- Schedule a visit with us for preventative screenings or a well-woman visit.
- Exercise more
- Switch to a healthy diet
- Try to get the recommended amount of sleep per night for your age group and manage your stress
- Adult: 7 – 9 hours
- Teenager: 8 – 10 hours
- Child 6 – 12 years: 9- 12 hours
- Try to cut back on unhealthy activities such as smoking, excessive drinking, drug use.
- Wear proper safety equipment when operating machinery, bicycles etc...
We hope you have a great and safe Mother's Day!